Exemplary executive living by the sea in Glenelg South.
Bring a breath of salty fresh air to your home life with this fully renovated and extended 1860's original "Paddock stone" cottage in Glenelg South.
Ideally located between Pier Street and Brighton Road, enviable access to Glenelg Beach is welcomed into your daily routine on Penzance, while set on a well-proportioned and cleverly utilised approx. 485m2 allotment, the home itself boasts three to four bedrooms and a sumptuous modern extension where attention has been paid to every high spec. detail.
Passing over a positively charming north-facing verandah that runs the length of the symmetrical cottage, enter a central hall and take in towering 3.2m ceilings that carry throughout the entire home.
Luxuriously carpeted for comfort, double bedrooms two and three are fitted with built-in robes, with a spacious front-facing lounge providing the versatility for another possible bedroom, while the main bedroom levels up with a large walk-in robe and adjacent ensuite.
Caesarstone benchtops and Groehe fixtures carry through all wet areas, the ensuite offering a dual walk-in shower, double vanity and heated rowel rain, while the generous main bathroom includes another walk-in shower and a family-friendly Kaldewei inset bathtub.
Follow timeless quality floating floors down the hall and emerge in the jaw-dropping open plan living to take in a true WOW-factor living space ideal for entertainers and families alike.
Wrapped in Lotus fine frame commercial grade stacking doors, with automated internal blinds, the entire L-shape living space can be opened to the Alfresco to create a luxurious indoor/outdoor living space.
Entertaining certainly begins with the kitchen, where sleek walls of cabinetry surround a contemporary island bar and practical stainless steel appliances ready for your next feast, including an AEG pyrolytic oven and five-burner gas cooktop, concealed Qasair rangehood, and a AEG dishwasher.
With two enviable dining and living spaces to choose from, enjoy cosy winters indoors with the gas fireplace setting the mood, while summers can be spent dining Alfresco or lounging on the large lawns, with the firepit and lush established greenery creating a private, charming oasis for your household.
With automated irrigation to front and rear, life is easy breezy, while an outdoor shower and capped pipework in the shed suggests that an in-ground swimming pool is worthy of your indulgent future consideration…
This fabulous address is a dream for all walks of life and all of life's stages. Enjoy incredible coastal access, offering the wider esplanade and sandy shores for your strolls and swims.
Pier Street, Broadway and Glenelg's Jetty Road offer a huge range of cafes, restaurants and bars to explore, while you're seconds from Glenelg Primary School and Sacred Heart College for a breezy school commute.
For a home base that walks the line between contemporary and classic with style and finesse, you'll struggle to beat 38 Penzance Street.
More features to love:
- Home automation including Cbus Lighting, automated blinds to living area and kitchen
- Dual fully ducted reverse cycle A/C units plus gas fire to living room
- Double carport and further off-street parking for two more cars behind secure electric gates, with provision for security intercom
- Fully lined external shed with 3 phase power supply
- Dedicated study or storage room
- Quality attic ladder with substantial roof storage
- Secure alarm system
- Completely rewired and replumbed 2010 plus gas hot water system
- Original underground cellar
- Rear shower with hot and cold plumbing and adjacent W/C
- Zoned to Glenelg Primary and the coveted Brighton Secondary, walking distance to St Peter's Woodlands Grammar, Sacred Heart College and Our Lady Of Grace School and within the catchment area for Somerton Park Kindergarten
- Easy access to buses along Brighton Road and Pier Street plus Jetty Road trams
- Just 800m to the shores of Glenelg, 3.8km to Westfield Marion and 8.3km to the Adelaide CBD
Land Size: 485sqm
Year Built: 1864
Council: City of Holdfast Bay
Council Rates: $3,059.10PA
SA Water: $308.29PQ
ES Levy: $280.55PA
Disclaimer: all information provided has been obtained from sources we believe to be accurate, however, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate and we accept no liability for any errors or omissions. If this property is to be sold via auction the Vendors Statement may be inspected at Level 1, 67 Anzac Highway, Ashford for 3 consecutive business days and at the property for 30 minutes prior to the auction commencing. RLA 315571. Was